- To provide a forum for librarians in the area of consumer health information. Consumer health information is defined as an umbrella term encompassing the continuum extending from the specific information needs of patients to the broader provision of health information for the lay person;
- To encourage leadership among librarians in the area of consumer health information;
- To establish the practice of consumer health librarianship as a legitimate specialty within librarianship and to encourage the development of standards for the provision of consumer health information;
- To foster ways for librarians to interface with each other and with other library professionals to better serve consumer health information needs;
- To define the role of all librarians in the provision of consumer health information; and
- To promote the education of librarians in the provision of consumer health information.
Dues are $15.00/year.
CAPHIS is a section of the Medical Library Association. To join the section you must first be a member of MLA.
For more information contact the Membership Committee Chair: