CAPHIS Professional Development Award
Are you interested in your own professional development as a consumer health librarian? Is funding at a premium this year for your health care organization? Consider applying for the CAPHIS Professional Development Award.
Eligibility criteria include the following:
- Member in good standing of CAPHIS
- At least two years of experience in consumer health librarianship
- Application must include curriculum vitae and written statement by applicant of why they are seeking the award, what benefits they hope to achieve, and how they will share their knowledge with consumer health librarian peers
For additional information on the award and the application which must be submitted by NO LATER THAN April 1, 2016, please click here for the CAPHIS professional development award application.
Send all application data directly to Mary-Kate Haver, MLIS, AHIP, firstname.lastname@example.org for review by the Executive Board of CAPHIS. The recipients that are chosen will receive funding prior to the MLA Annual Meeting in Austin in May, 2015.
CAPHIS Consumer Health Librarian Of The Year Award
Are you aware of a consumer health librarian who exemplifies the best in consumer librarianship? Please consider nominating one of your peers for this prestigious award. Any member of CAPHIS may nominate another member for this award.
Eligibility criteria for selection include the following:
- Demonstrates excellent communication and search skills on consumer health focused information resources for patrons of all ages
- Acts as a role model to peers in consumer health librarianship and works to mentor new librarians to the field
- Contributes to the knowledge base of consumer health librarianship by sharing best practices with peers through presentations, posters and publications, or teaching
- Works collaboratively with other medical librarians, administrative staff, co-workers and community leaders to provide accessible consumer health information services
- Leads by example and is an innovator within the work environment
- Maintains professional credentials and pursues appropriate continuing education opportunities as a life long learner
- Ideally, applicants should be members of CAPHIS for a minimum of two years
- A current CV, resume, or statement of the nominee’s career accomplishments and service to MLA and CAPHIS
- Any further information which may assist the jury in the evaluation of the nomination and the selection of the recipient. Up to three letters of recommendation may be submitted. These letters may be attached or submitted directly, but they must be received by April 1.
All nominations and accompanying documents should be sent to Mary-Kate Haver, MLIS, AHIP, Chair, email@example.com
, NO LATER than April 1, 2016
for review. Please click here for the nomination form.
The recipient will be acknowledged at the CAPHIS Business Meeting at MLA.